This comfortable and attractive area on the mezzanine level of the Gathering Space is available both in the daytime and evenings for individual reading and study as well as for small group study. The library contains religious books, magazines and A-V materials, some of which can be signed out while others are meant to be used only in the library.
Adult Education encourages adults to take advantage of the opportunity to use this facility. There is also a children’s section which consolidates all children’s materials – music, books and video. Thus the library gives adults and children their own dedicated space.
For additional information, call Sr. Lauretta Leipzig, Director of Adult Education at 847.381.5452.
SAINT ANNE PARISH LIBRARY
• St. Anne is proud of its continually growing source of books, magazines, audio and visual materials, and reference materials for the spiritual enrichment of both adults and children.
• In addition to an easy check-out system, this facility is designed with areas for quiet, comfortable reading, small group meetings, individual work, and a children’s area.
• The library is operated on a self-serve honor basis with volunteer librarians.
• The library is located on the mezzanine level above the Gathering Space of the Church, accessible by stairs or elevator.
• All adults and children are encouraged to use this facility.
• Items must be signed out using the check-out card system.
• Children’s cardboard books are for use mainly in the library.
• Adults only are asked to sign out the cards so that information is readable for the librarians.
• Books may be taken for a 2-week period.
• Audio-visual items may be taken for a 7-day period
• First-time users of the library are asked to sign the book on the desk with a name, address and phone number.
• Materials are returned to the bookcase next to the check-out desk. They are carded and returned to the shelf by the librarian.
• Since the library is an open area, it is accessible from morning until the building is locked in the evening 7 days a week.