In the past months, Saint Anne leadership has been engaged in a robust study to assess the needs of our parish home and is developing plans to meet these needs. This work is the continuation of the parish transformation process conducted over the last two years to integrate our parish mission with our ministries.
In December 2015, the parish engaged a professional engineering firm to conduct a comprehensive review of our facilities to identify areas of needed repair, maintenance and upgrades. In addition, extensive interviews with parish staff and lay leaders were conducted to assess how the parish facilities are fulfilling their respective needs. In February 2016, we engaged a consulting firm to assess our potential for fundraising in support of these needs.
These efforts have highlighted the need that exists within our parish for extensive repairs, maintenance and upgrades to our worship spaces and facilities. We envision plans for the following:
- When our community last came together to build our new church and improve our school nearly 20 years ago, remarkable results were achieved. It is time to finally retire the debt from that endeavor.
- The church and school, which include critical repairs to the church and chapel roof, HVAC system safety elements and the electrical system.
- The Parish Center and Rectory are in need of repairs and maintenance.
- The parish campus requires basic improvements, such as replacing the parking lots, enhancing site lighting and fixing retaining walls.
- The leaders of Saint Anne are also eager to share how, as a part of this effort, we can support the Archdiocese’s campaign To Teach Who Christ Is – a campaign for Catholic and religious education, parish vitality, and facility life safety.
We are excited to tell you more! We’ll be sharing more about what projects will be included, and how they will help us to more abundantly live out our collective mission. Each of you will have an opportunity to share your thoughts and opinions on our plans. You will also have an opportunity to weigh in on a potential fundraising campaign to support these needs.
We are excited for this opportunity to invest in our spiritual home and in our mission to serve others!
Father Bernie Pietrzak