Primary responsibility is to provide leadership, management, ministry direction and development and an overall approach for the development of and provision of services to individuals and/or families in crisis. Specific responsibilities include the management of employees and volunteers who provide case management and collaboration with other social service organizations. Position also includes management of House of Hope resale shop, Hope Chest and Mobile Food Pantries, and Gifts of Hope grant program.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversight of intake screening and assessment along with accurate and timely documentation of services and resources delivered.
- Management responsibility for office manager, store manager, and driver (employees) and 200 active volunteers.
- Directly responsible for development and training of employees and oversight for volunteers.
- Responsible for organizational development, succession planning, and operational process improvements.
- Compile data and reports on key metrics to management, advisors, volunteers, staff, and parish as appropriate.
- Lead Gifts of Hope Grant Committee and report as appropriate to Pastor, Board of Advisors, and Parish.
- Provide direction and leadership to House of Hope resale store, Hope Chest Food Pantry, and the Mobile Food Pantry.
- Work with Saint Anne Business Manager on all financial related manners.
- Develop strategic plan for Hope Ministries with an emphasis on sustainability of ministry funding, donations, and volunteers.
- Ensure annual review of operational guidelines and adherence to those rules.
- Encourage continued Archdiocesan based culture that emphasizes service, hope, and respect for human dignity.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Oversee and manage the work of Project Hope staff and volunteers (Client Facing) including Hope Chest and Mobile Food Pantry, House of Hope (Resale Store), and Gifts of Hope (Grant Committee). Encourages the ongoing development of staff and volunteers around common ministry goals.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility of donations and resources of the ministry.
- Provides oversight of operations, services, policies, programs, and practices.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to management, Advisors, and Parish to track ministry outcomes.
- Represents Hope Ministries at PEAR, Human Concerns, and other parish ministry meetings such as Administration and Core Staff.
- Assists in selection of volunteers to represent Hope Ministries at Parish Council.
- Meets regularly with the Pastor and Business Manager to update them on the ministry.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad knowledge and experience in social work/human services including advocacy, support, and referral.
- Strong time management skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks.
- Demonstrated ability managing day-to-day finances and working knowledge of managing operational expenses.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse team of individuals.
- Passion for serving the marginalized in a Catholic faith based environment.
- Experience with formal funding processes (ie. Grant review or proposal writing)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required. (Social work or human services a plus)
- Minimum of five years experience preferably working in community based services.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively develop, manages, and understands both reporting and operational financials.
- Experience with ministry work in a parish or Archdiocesan setting.
- Proven ability to work with volunteers.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Conversational in Spanish a plus.
Hope Ministries is a ministry of St. Anne’s Parish and operates as a local community outreach ministry. Our mission is to provide emergency assistance to those individuals and families in the Northwest suburbs facing crisis, regardless of faith. Through timely intervention, we seek to restore hope, providing a catalyst for change and return to self-sufficiency.
All inquiries must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.