I am saddened to say that I will be losing my administrative assistant Karen Poglitsch in the coming year. She and her husband Larry are moving to North Carolina due to a new position Larry is assuming in his company. It is advancement within his career and good news for Karen and her family. She has been a driving force behind many of the administrative developments within youth ministry since she began with me 4 years ago. It has been so good to have such a devoted, highly motivated, spiritually minded Catholic woman working with me in this important work of Saint Anne. Thus I am in the process of hiring a person to fill the role of administrative assistant to youth ministry.
It is a part time position (26-30 hours minimally per week) but does offer health, vacation and personal days as part of the job.
If you are interested in this position, please contact me, Michael Hugo. I would ask you to submit a resume with education and work experience within to: email@example.com. Please include a cover letter expressing reasons for your interest in the position and what relevant experience you might add to the position. The job would begin July 1, 2019.
Title: Youth Ministry Assistant
Reports to: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Responsibilities: To assist the Youth Minister with the smooth running of the various Youth Ministry programs at Saint Anne Parish. Programs take place during the day, evenings and weekends so flexibility in working hours is necessary. Evening and weekend events include: PATHS (the confirmation program title) large group meetings, PATHS catechist training sessions, Spiritus Confirmation retreats, Kairos closing ceremonies, Kairos reunions, Summer Service meetings, Confirmation interviews, Confirmation rehearsals and Confirmation Masses.
- Process registration for the PATHS Confirmation program, Kairos retreats and Summer Service mission trip. Making sure permission forms and payments are received.
- Help to recruit PATHS catechists.
- Keep track of PATHS attendance, homework and essay assignments.
- Work with PATHS catechists to ensure they are aware of meeting dates and assignment due dates. Also collect small group attendance in a timely manner.
- Periodically contact parents to inform them of upcoming PATHS dates and to advise them if their son/ daughter is not keeping up with the assignments.
- Recruit volunteer interviewers for the Confirmation interviews.
- Implement and monitor the interview date and time selection
- Implement and monitor the Confirmation Spiritus retreat and the Confirmation Mass time selection
- Make Confirmation flame banner to hang in the gathering space after Good Friday
- Process Kairos leader applications. Making sure permission forms and complete applications are submitted.
- Prepare for the Kairos and Spiritus Retreats. Organizing small groups, room assignments, retreat director materials, leader materials, and items to bring on the retreat.
- Maintain the Youth Ministry enrollment for all programs in the Parish Soft system.
- Manage the Youth Ministry budget
- Deposit all money received and pay Youth Ministry bills on a timely basis.
- Purchase office supplies.
- Support the Night Ministry Soup Supper program. Collect permission forms and assist the adult coordinator of the Saint Anne program. Be present for the van departures at 4:30PM. This is schedule for approximately 12 times per year.
- Assist with Youth Ministry schedule planning for the upcoming year.
- Request room reservations for all Youth Ministry programs.
Time Required: 26 hours per week with additional hours as needed for special events.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Undergraduate college degree
- Attentive to details in his/her work
- Able to anticipate upcoming tasks in order to keep the programs on schedule
- Pleasant/pastoral manner on the phone and when meeting with visitors, parents and teens.
- Enthusiasm and interest in working with teens
- Familiar with or willing to learn Excel, Word, Mail merge, You Can Book Me, Remind, Docusign, Groupme and Parish Soft.