BY MARGARET BUCKSTAFF
BUSINESS AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Annual Catholic Appeal is an invitation for every Catholic family to respond with a generous heart. Your gift will provide inspiration, education and services to the less fortunate in our Archdiocese and throughout the world.
2021 Annual Catholic Appeal
Come, follow me … and bring hope to the world
Please spend some time this week reflecting on the Annual Catholic Appeal materials you have seen in the bulletin or received in the mail. The Annual Catholic Appeal is much different than a one-time special collection: It is a pledged commitment to make a gift over time. Your pledge can be made payable in installments.
Each pledge makes a difference because all parishes participate in the campaign and the gifts of many enable our Archdiocese to deliver needed ministries and services to answer the call of Jesus to “Come, follow me … and bring hope to the world.”
If you received your pledge form in the mail, please complete it and mail it back. This year, we also encourage our parishioners to make their Annual Catholic Appeal gifts online or via text message: annualcatholicappeal.com or text the word “ACA2021” to 345345.
You can also mail a check to the Annual Catholic Appeal: 835 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611-2030. Gifts made through stock, Donor Advised Funds and IRA distributions can also be made by calling 312.534.7959.
93 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to the critical work of the schools, parishes, agencies and ministries of the Archdiocese of Chicago. We do not share your information, nor do we sell or rent our lists.
WAYS TO GIVE ON THE CATHOLIC APPEAL WEBSITE:
- Make a Pledge
- Select the “gift amount”. The gift amount is the amount you will be charged monthly.
- Select “Recurring Gift” as gift type and select a gift duration.
- Make your commitment go even further: Become a Sustaining Donor
- Select the “gift amount.” Select “Recurring Gift” as gift type and “Ongoing Monthly” as the gift duration.
- Make a One Time Gift
- Select the “gift amount” or enter an amount of your choosing.
Utilize our Text-to-Give option during commitment weekend
- Using a mobile device, open your text message application.
- Enter the phone number 345345 in the To: section.
- Type the keyword “ACA2021” (not case sensitive) in the message of your text application.
- Hit the send button.
- A text reply to your phone will give you a hyperlink to a secure online giving form.
- Complete your gift by filling out the form and submitting.
- On the form, do not select the “Donate” button at the top; you are already in the right form through the text message hyperlink.
- Gifts will be processed by the Annual Catholic Appeal.
This is an unprecedented time for the Catholic Appeal. It is the first time that we are not filling out pledge forms while seated in our pew in church. This does not make the Appeal any less important this year.
How Your Gift Will Be Used
As always, thank you for your continued generosity to this Appeal.