Committed to servant leadership and the spiritual and social needs
of the men of Saint Anne Catholic Community
Saint Anne Guy’s Group (STAGG) is committed to men’s Christian fellowship through spiritual growth, social interaction and service outreach, following the example set by Christ’s apostles.
The men of STAGG are offered the occasion to assist the church in service, support, charity, fellowship, and unity.
- Form spiritual, social and cultural bonds within the membership of STAGG.
- Establish communication between the membership, Leverage members’ unique talents and time and provide opportunities for spiritual enrichment and growth.
- Enhance the Saint Anne Community through acts of stewardship:
- Perform hands-on outreach that assists others in the parish (can be in cooperation with other parish organizations), community, sister-parish community and Chicago-land area at large, with the outcome of providing onsite help, support and guidance to those in need.
- Help organize and/or support fundraising efforts for the parish and/or school needs.
- Establish four events in to foster spiritual and social relationships, commitment and community engagement:
- Winter Quarter (January – March) – Spiritual: guest speaker& breakfast or dinner
- Spring Quarter (April – June) Servant Leadership: volunteerism opportunity/hands-on outreach
- Summer Quarter (July – September) Social: golf outing & dinner
- Fall Quarter (October – December) Spiritual: guest speaker & breakfast or dinner OR Servant Leadership: STAGG-sponsored parish-wide event
- Promote engagement of First Friday Club as additional opportunity to connect with others from Saint Anne Catholic Community and Holy Family Church.
- Promote other Saint Anne Catholic Community organizations as additional opportunities / ways for the men of STAGG to become further engaged in the parish.
A Look Ahead to Events and Activities
- First Quarter Spiritual Event: Guest Speaker with Breakfast or Dinner
- Second Quarter Servant Leadership Event: Hands-on Volunteer Opportunity or Community Outreach
- Third Quarter Social Event: Outing/Gathering
- Fourth Quarter Social Event: Oktoberfest STAGG sponsored event
STAGG Leadership Team:
“This is the church.” Sr. Theres O’Sullivan, St. Martin de Porres
A HUGE thank you to the 30 men and teens of Saint Anne’s who gave of their time and talent on Saturday, June 7th to help paint and perform maintenance at St. Martin de Porres. Our day of Servant Leadership kicked off at 6:30 am and ended at 6 pm. With your servant leadership, five rooms were painted and new tiles put in place throughout the entire kitchen! In addition, we performed other light handywork. Thank YOU to each volunteer for helping make an impact at the St Martin de Porres facility!
If you would like to get involved with STAGG, please send an email to STAGG847@gmail.com. Enjoy the summer… look for further communications from the team in August!