2nd Year Confirmation Candidates are to submit a letter to the Pastor, Fr. Bernie Pietrzak, stating their intent to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation this Spring and become fully initiated into the Catholic Church. Your letter should be at least one page, typed, double spaced, and include the following points:
- A brief personal introduction. You can include your interests, passions, your family dynamic etc.
- An expression of your desire to be confirmed and why. (What does your faith mean to you, what does it mean to you to be Catholic)
- An explanation of how you have been preparing for this Sacrament. (What have you learned in the PATHS program, what service projects have you participated in, etc.)
- Some words about your personal faith growth and relationship with God.
- A note on the Confirmation name you chose and why.
- A note on who you chose as a Sponsor and why.
- A description of what being a member of this parish community means to you.
- A plan on how you will commit to living out your faith as a Confirmed Catholic – in your parish community and in the world, so as to keep your faith real and alive in the future, post Confirmation.
This letter should be thoughtful and personal. This means the candidate can also speak to any doubts that might be present about their faith or struggles they may have had in the program. Honesty is always welcomed.