FOUR WARNING SIGNS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN ABUSIVE OR UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP:
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE:
- Has your partner become totally preoccupied with you such as calling
- you every hour, “just to hear your voice, “? Or driving you to and from
- your job, doing things you were doing for yourself?
- TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE?
- Does your partner have outbursts of temper, cussing, throwing things,
- or kicking doors not directed at you but towards anybody or anything?
RAGE FOR PAST RELATIONSHIPS:
- Does your partner talk about prior dates and is there rage in his/her
- anger regarding your previous relationships?
CHECKING AND TRACKING:
- Does your partner keep track of where you went, who you met and
- how much time you spent somewhere else?
IF YOU ANSWERED ‘YES” TO ONE OR MORE OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW MAY BE A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
Mary Ellen Johnston, HUMAN CONCERNS, 847 382 2148
24 HR.DOMESTIC VI0LENCE HOTLINE 847 697 2380
Saint Anne will assist through referral and by offering spiritual, emotional and practical support, as possible.
Ensuring PEACE, Ending Domestic Violence
The Saint Anne Catholic Community
– AFFIRMS: the Dignity of every Life, and promotes Self-Respect, Healthy Relationships, Loving Families
– STANDS: against violence – physical, verbal, emotional, sexual, financial, systemic – especially violence within our own families.
If you or someone you know is in a violent or abusive situation and in need of help, please call:
Saint Anne will assist through referral, and by offering spiritual, emotional, and practical support, as possible.
For further information on the issue of Domestic Violence, see Archdiocese of Chicago Domestic Violence Outreach
“As bishops, we condemn the use of the Bible to support abusive behavior in any form. A correct reading of Scripture leads people to an understanding of the equal dignity of men and women and to relationships based on mutuality and love.”