The objective of MAC is to provide men the opportunity to deepen their spirituality in community with a male perspective.
Men meet in small groups to share their thoughts and life experience as they reflect on daily scripture and its application for their lives today. A book of readings and reflections is typically used to inspire the discussions and help keep the group connected to the life of the church.
Meeting frequency and location is set by the group
- Groups meet at one member’s home, rotate members’ homes or meet atSaint Anne
- Frequency can be weekly, bi-monthly or monthly; meeting at least monthly is recommended to create and maintain the cohesiveness of the group
There are a variety of resources that groups can choose from to provide daily readings, Scripture reflections and prayers. A sampling includes:
- Praying Scripture in a Contemporary Way series by Mark Link, S.J.
- Give Us This Day from Liturgical Press
- On the Threshold of Transformation by Richard Rohr
- The Bible Diary from Claretian Publications
- The Word Among Us
For further information on MAC or to join a MAC group, please contact Michael Beard, Pastoral Associate in the GIFT Faith Formation department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 847-620-3070.